Dreamworks CEO Stacey Snider Has Some Great Advice For You
Last year Stacey Snider (C’82), Dreamworks CEO, gave a FANTASTIC speech at Penn.
The video just got released and it is a MUST for anyone wanting to come to Hollywood …and/or for anyone who wants to make a career change!
Here’s what she talked about:
- What she attributes her accomplishments to
- How she transitioned from UCLA law student to mailroom worker to secretary to Director of Development to CEO!
- How she networked with Penn Alumni …Listen to her tips as it could help you!
- What she did to advance her career when she was a secretary
- Her tip on how to talk salary with an employer
- What types of scripts she’s looking for
- Her thoughts on the state of the business now and what is wreaking havoc on the industry these days
- What may have given her credibility early in her career in a then male dominated industry
- The most difficult time in her career
- Her advice on juggling a career with a personal life
- Which of her films she loves
- About a time when gender played a part in another well known Hollywood player’s promotion over her! (last minute of video)
>Click here to watch this very inspiring video!
(Stacey comes on screen at minute 12:35)
Want to work in Hollywood? Check out these recommended books!
Other Penn CEOs
More of my posts about Stacey
Find out how other Penn alumni in entertainment got their start! (great advice for anyone starting out!)
Enter my July contest and win!
Join the new Dueling Tampons Facebook Fan page
See which Penn undergrads and alumni are registered on DuelingTampons.com
Friend Me Up: Facebook MySpace Friendster Twitter Digg
Check out our 1000+ Penn videos
Submitting a story to Dueling Tampons: What you need to know…
Tagged C'82, CEO