Penntertainment

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Matt Rosler
    Keymaster

Per http://streamdaily.tv/2014/07/29/dailymotion-seeks-amateur-web-series/ :

“European video hosting giant Dailymotion has teamed with London’s Raindance Film Festival for a contest designed to uncover new web series creators.

Filmmakers are being invited to submit 5-minute scripted series pilots. The winner will receive £2,500 towards the production costs of their web series, as well as the opportunity to use the post-production facilities at Dailymotion’s Paris studios. Dailymotion will feature the winning entrant on its homepage and promote it via its editorial content and social media.

Founded in 1992, Raindance focuses on emerging filmmakers . In 1998, it launched the annual British Independent Film Awards. The web series competition is being presented as part of the Raindance Web Fest (http://raindancefestival.org/webfest-2014/), a festival within the festival that debuted last year with screenings of 50 international web series, including 2 world premieres. This year’s event will be held at the Vue Piccadilly Circus on Sept. 27 and 28 during the first weekend of the festival.

In addition to the series competition, the web fest will also feature the British Independent Series Awards (BISA), dedicated to recognizing upcoming talent working in the medium.

“The internet has created exciting opportunities for independent filmmakers, often working with limited budgets, to be discovered,” Raindance founder Elliot Grove said in a statement. ‘(We) look forward to unveiling the next Jenji Kohan!’ “

• This topic was modified 9 years, 9 months ago by Matt Rosler.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join our community

Newsletter

Sign up for the Pennntertainment email to be notified about upcoming happy hours and events!

(We won't spam or share your email with anyone else)

What People Are Saying

"Because of Penntertainment, I got scouted for Nickelodeon. I had such a great time talking with them. I may be a resource for a show on science, travel, geography, gender etc. Thanks for all you do. It really makes a difference."
-Lisa Niver C’89

More Testimonials here