Penntertainment

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Matt Rosler
    Keymaster

The Emerging Writers Fellowship is an exciting program at Universal Pictures that is designed to identify and cultivate new and unique voices with a passion for storytelling. We are looking for talented screenwriters who have the potential to thrive, but don’t have access to or visibility within the industry.

Emerging writers who are chosen to participate in the program will work exclusively with the studio over the course of a year to hone their skills. During this program, fellows will be given the opportunity to work on current Universal projects as well as pitch original story ideas. In addition to working on writing assignments, the fellows will receive industry exposure by:

– Participating in filmmaking workshops and studio seminars
    – Receiving mentoring from established filmmakers
    – Networking with top literary agents and managers
    – Meeting with production development executives
    – Attending screenings and premieres

Fellows admitted into the program will be hired under a writing service agreement and must be committed to working full-time for one year. Additionally, Universal Pictures has the option to extend a fellows’ contract for a second year.

More here:
    http://www.nbcunicareers.com/universal-pictures%E2%80%99-emerging-writers-fellowship?utm_source=Dedicated+Blast.11.20.15&utm_campaign=swn&utm_medium=email

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join our community

Newsletter

Sign up for the Pennntertainment email to be notified about upcoming happy hours and events!

(We won't spam or share your email with anyone else)

What People Are Saying

"Because of Penntertainment, I got scouted for Nickelodeon. I had such a great time talking with them. I may be a resource for a show on science, travel, geography, gender etc. Thanks for all you do. It really makes a difference."
-Lisa Niver C’89

More Testimonials here